Wireless Call Button System
If you are a caregiver for someone in your life, you understand that it can be both stressful and exhausting trying to ensure that your loved one is safe. Many caregivers must drive back and forth between homes multiple times each day to ensure that their loved ones are taken care of. A smart caregiver, though, will consider solutions to this problem that don't require so much stress and fatigue.
A wireless call button system will provide a helpful backup solution when you are not able to be right next to your loved one. These systems are designed to give you, the caregiver, the peace of mind you need. A wireless calling system like this has several uses. Many hospitals use them for patients or nurses to notify doctors and administrative personnel of people who are experiencing drastic health declines. They can also be used as part of a home security system, notifying family members if someone is in danger and can also be used by businesses to notify monitoring personnel of any problems. You’ve probably heard or seen commercials for the Life Alert system. This system is one of many like it on the market today.
Who are call buttons for?
Call button systems can be useful for any situation. Many systems are marketed directly for use with the elderly, but these systems can be just as useful for children and adults with disabilities or special needs.
If you have a loved one in any of these situations, you should try a call button system. Most of the systems are very easy to use, and thus, they are easy to teach to children, adults with physical or mental disabilities, and older adults.
An important thing to help your loved one understand if you are considering getting them a medical alert system is that these devices increase freedom rather than restricting them. Oftentimes, our loved ones believe that accepting help makes them weak or less able. Older adults are especially prone to this line of reasoning. One study found that among baby boomers, a large percentage believed that their parents would benefit from the use of some kind of medical alert button. Their parents, though, said that they felt that such a system would not improve their quality of life at all.
This line of thinking is common among adults who wish to feel independent. It is the same reason that so many adults avoid entering care facilities. However, call buttons and care facilities both serve a purpose: to help you maintain as much independence as possible while minimizing the hazards associated with old age, disability, and physical impairment.
So how exactly can a call button increase your and your loved one’s independence? Well, there are a couple of important ways that a wireless call button system can accomplish this:
1.As a caregiver, you will be able to feel more at ease when leaving your loved one at home. If your call button incorporates a caregiver paging function, you’ll know exactly when your loved one needs help. This will allow you to sleep more soundly at night.
2.If your loved one is resistant to the idea of hiring a professional in-house or moving into a care facility, a call button allows them to still have access to quick emergency medical care when needed, without the expense and inconvenience of moving. Your loved one can continue their days normally
3.Call buttons are small and convenient to carry, making them inconspicuous. Your loved one does not need to worry about looking different or seeming less capable. As a matter of fact, they should feel more comfortable in the knowledge that they can get help when they need it.
At some point, you may need to consider a home nurse or a care facility, but a wireless call button system can significantly increase the amount of time required before your loved one requires such care.
What is a call button system?
A call button system (or medical alert system) will incorporate a couple of different components:
- A simple button or code that will be easy to press or type. For example, Cove’s medical button hangs around the neck.
- An alert system on the other end so that authorities or trusted friends and family are notified when the button is pressed or the code is sent. Some systems may include a caregiver pager that will notify the caregiver of an accident.
- Depending on the situation, a duress signal directly to 911.
- Some systems incorporate fall detection, which senses when your loved one experiences a potentially dangerous fall.
Beyond these few basic elements, a wireless call button can be used for just about any kind of system, whether it be medical, emergency response, home security, or in high-stakes police work. All of these situations call for a simple and quick response.
Cove’s Medical Button
In the current climate of uncertainty related to COVID-19, Cove’s medical button can grant you some peace of mind. Our button is on a simple necklace and is connected to the rest of your home security system, so that if anything happens to your loved one, not only will you be contacted, but Cove’s security monitoring system personnel can dispatch an emergency responder team to their home.
The medical button device incorporates a few different elements that make it a great choice for a duress alarm:
- 5+ year battery life: A long-lasting battery is a key part of a duress alarm. It’s important, though, to change the batteries when approaching the 5-year mark.
- LED light for alert notification and assured response: This can give you and your loved one the peace of mind of knowing that help is on the way.
- Customizable options & alerts that fit your lifestyle
- Wireless: Our call button system is totally wireless for convenience in moving around the home and yard
- Portability: This is key for when you or your loved one is working around the home or in the yard.
- Waterproof Design: This is helpful in the case of a fall in the shower or bathtub. You can rest assured that your alerts will still reach emergency personnel.
- Lifetime warranty available: If the button breaks for any reason, we can get it replaced for no charge to you.
- Cost-effective: Our medical button only costs 20 dollars when added to your Cove security system.
- Customer Service: Our team of professionals will monitor your loved one's health and home 24/7, and our customer service team is available around the clock for all of your needs.
At Cove, our goal is to help you and your family to achieve the security and peace of mind that you need, especially during these trying times. Please take a moment to look at our other products, all of which are integrated into our alarm system, and all of which can improve your home and physical safety.
We offer several other alarm products, including a fire alarm, carbon monoxide detector, motion detection, window and door sensors, and security cameras. When we say that we want to help you achieve full-life safety, that’s what we mean: protection from the environment, protection from burglars and trespassers, and protection for your health and the health of your loved ones. This kind of security has never been more accessible.
So, to recap, with a Cove Home Security system, you don't just get a paging system for your loved one's security, you get all of the security features you could want. You can keep track of their home, their air quality, and their health! And all for a monthly cost of as low as $24.99. For more information on Cove security, check out our product pages and our customer reviews. Become one of the many people Cove protects every single day.
Ready to get started?
Take this short quiz to build your customized system today!
Takes less than a minute